Saturday 6 August 2011

America's down grade and the Europe Crisis

Well what can I say about the new crisis hitting the world, I am unable to really understand how this is going affect me personally other than higher energy prices, which to be honest is nothing new as the energy companies use any excuse to put their prices up anyway. I have no credit apart from a very small mortgage, as I have never earned enough for the banks to trust me in the first place, which is not such a bad thing in long run as it must be a nightmare for those who have been living for years beyond their income due to credit. I find it amusing sometime as I have neighbours who have been doing this for years and look down their nose at me, simple because I don't have a  fancy car, nor do I constantly keep buying new furniture just because I am bored with the old, rather than a need for new furniture. Now they are all moaning they are being squeezed and defaulting, and how it is not their fault, what a joke, it is common sense not to live beyond your means. The governments are the same spending more than they get. and then moaning that it is a global problem and again it is not their fault to!!One has to wonder when will the world wake up to the fact our current system of borrow, borrow, borrow is unsustainable. It is a times like this when I actually feel it is an advantage to have live below the poverty all my life, simple because I am able both mental and physically able to deal with having no money, by growing as much food as I can in my own garden, never use the car for a local journey, whereas my credit borrowing neighbours go as far as to use the car to go to the local corner shop which is stones throw from their house, I do not have the same idea of pride either, they are to proud to grow veg, forage, buy second hand cars and not buy the latest designer furniture. Whereas I'm proud that much of my food doesn't have to come all the way from the other side of the world, I pick local seasonal fruit and salads for mother natures cupboard, I have an old banger lol that although not flash and shiny serves it purpose when I need to go on long journeys, I also share this old banger with my daughter as we didn't see the point in buying two cars, and finally proud I reclaim or make a lot of my own furniture, I fondly remember a coffee table I once made out of pallets which the kids loved when they were younger as it was so big they could sit on it to, it was unique bespoke piece of furniture which I made my self lol it lasted ow goof 15 years which I'm very proud of. So I guess poverty has always driven me to become proud of different things and inventive both in terms of living costs and making bits and pieces of money, whereas my neighbours don't actually have a clue what to do when the credit has dried up.

No comments:

Post a Comment