Monday 1 August 2011

Plans for today!!

Seeing as the weather is nice, I'm going to make some more fire bricks, (I do hope it works lol) I'm also planting lots of plants from seed to hopefully sell at car boot sale next spring, I hoping thinking ahead will help, I'm also re potting runners off my strawberry plants hoping they will take so I can again sell them in the spring, I think I should do a bit of research to on all this plant growing as at the moment I'm unsure if they are going to work but one has to try.Later in the week I'm going to pick some wild fruit to make jam etc for the winter, I was out walking with family last week and was fortunate enough to stubble on wild raspberries, winberries, hazel nuts and finally the good old blackberry. I've also managed to acquire a small book by Richard Mabey: Food for Free which is proving invaluable in finding and identifying food which grows wild and since finding many of the plants and having eaten them it would be difficult to go back to shop bought products as they are so flavourless, if you have ever tried wild strawberries for instant you will be aware that those tiny little fruit pack a flavour punch way above those large shop bought strawberries, my daughters were amazed when we found some in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment