Wednesday 3 August 2011

Benefits

I know I should be grateful that I live in country which has benefits available to those who need it but by God it is soooo complicated, I went on SSP for a few weeks last month, therefore claimed council tax benefit, however I also live with my daughter who changed job during this period of time. Which has resulted in total confusion with council tax benefit agency. I had to spend an hour going through all my paper work, even the lady helping me found it difficult, this is due to my daughter not working set hours, i.e one week she can work 1 hour next could work 40, resulting in having to make a new claim for council tax benefit ever other week, what a waste of time and paper. No wonder those on benefits stay on benefits. It really does amaze me that in this day and age of technology that our system  can not become more flexible to accommodate the fact that peoples circumstances can change very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment