Monday 1 August 2011

Bloody corporation, investment banks and pensions

While listening to to news this morning I found it interesting that the banks owned by the people of the UK aren't doing so well, however the investment banks are ok. Which to be honest is no surprise as those in investment banking will be making a fortune from borrowing money to the various governments round the world, although I do not understand banking or economics very well, it still seems crazy that the reason this crisis started is because of bad investments in the first place, now they are making more money out of it. Grrrrrrr. I'm also curious which investment banks  the governments of USA and UK borrow from, if anyone can answer this I'd be interested to know. Then there is the debate regarding pensions, the only thing I can say is how the hell are we suppose to save for a pension in private sector when many are on min wage which make it impossible to save anything as there is not enough to live on now let alone save for the future, besides the fact we have just seen what has happened to earlier generations of pensions being worthless. Which again doesn't make sense as if investment banks are doing ok why aren't peoples pensions ok as I believe that is where many pension saving are concentrated. As I said I am not very knowledgeable with economics but I'm not so stupid as not to spot these anomalies

No comments:

Post a Comment