Tuesday 2 August 2011

Job Interview

Wow, I have got a very part time job, although not full time as I would like it is a job that hopefully I can grow. To be honest I'm grateful to my boss, because he was not thinking of taking anyone on until I wrote a speculative letter to him. I am very excited as I can at last put my law and business skills to good use yippee at last!! Still doesn't lift me out of the poverty trap, however it is step forward. So what else have I been doing ? Well I spent last evening on the web looking for jars to put my homemade jam and preserves in, but it turns out it is cheaper to buy Lemon curd from Asda at 22p a jar and empty contents in to bin, than it is to buy empty jam jars, I find this absolutely insane!!! I am also trying my best not to buy anything from the supermarket giants if I can help it but I don't know if my budget for jars can stretch to £1.00 per jar empty. Although they can be used again and again the difference in price is nuts. I'm going to have ago at making home bread with my grandson tomorrow I have never tried making bread before so bit of research is in order this evening, hopefully it will go well, and I can save a bit of money because the price of bread has gone through the roof in the last year. Well I'm off to visit a friend for a cup of coffee and a chat, probably about the injustices of the world and the disproportionate distribution of the world wealth in the hand of the few, be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment